Silver Spring, MD. and Walnut Creek, CA., February 1, 2016 -- In July 2015, Discovery Education, the leading provider of digital content and professional development for K-12 classrooms and CUE, the California-based organization inspiring innovative learners and advocating educational opportunities for all, partnered with the California State Parks to host a unique leadership symposium. Designed specifically for California superintendents interested in creating dynamic digital learning environments that meet the needs of today’s learners, this event featured a series of brief, thought-provoking talks that surfaced actionable strategies for improving teaching and learning.
Now, Discovery Education and CUE are sharing with educators nationwide the library of presentations from this event. These presentations explore a variety of critical topics, including using professional development to support device deployment, communicating with stakeholders, improving attendance and discipline during the digital transition, and more, and were delivered by school leaders from across California as well as nationally recognized Baltimore County Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Dallas Dance. The full list of presenters is as follows:
· Dr. Darryl S. Adams, Superintendent of Schools, Coachella Valley Unified School District,
· Bryan Ballenger, Superintendent/Principal, Ballico Cressey School District, Ballico, Calif.
· Dr. James J. Brescia, Superintendent of Schools, San Luis Obispo County Office of
Education, San Luis Obispo, Calif.
· Dr. S. Dallas Dance, Superintendent, Baltimore County Public Schools, Towson, Md.
· Dr. J. Todd Finnell, County Superintendent of Schools, Imperial County Office of Education,
El Centro, Calif.
· Pamela Gildersleeve-Hernandez, Superintendent/Principal, San Antonio Union School
District, Lockwood, Calif.
· Dr. Lisa Gonzales, Vice President - Association of California School Administrators,
San Jose, Calif.
· Greg Magnuson, Superintendent, Buena Park School District, Buena Park, Calif.
· Dr. Katie McNamara, Superintendent, South Bay Union School District, Imperial Beach,
· Dave McQueen, Superintendent, Kelseyville Unified School District, Kelseyville, Calif.
· Rich Merlo, Superintendent, Corcoran Joint Unified School District, Corcoran, Calif.
· Dr. Barbara Nemko, Superintendent, Napa County Office of Education, Napa, Calif.
· Dr. Robert Pletka, Superintendent, Fullerton School District, Fullerton, Calif.
· Rick Rubino, Superintendent, Gridley Unified School District, Gridley, Calif.
· Dr. Karen Villalobos, Superintendent/Principal, East Nicolaus High School District, Nicolaus,
To access these presentations, visit: http://www.discoveryeducation.com/California/index.cfm. They are also hosted at cue.org/supersymposium.
“The CUE Super Symposium showcases amazing Future Ready California Superintendents that eagerly shared some of their best, most actionable ideas for other leaders to adopt and adapt,” said Jon Corippo, Director of Academic Innovation, CUE. “CUE was pleased to host them at such an amazing venue.”
“Discovery Education is proud to partner with CUE to make this library available and connect educators nationwide with leaders and ideas that have helped a diverse range of school systems create the modern digital learning environments we know help improve student achievement,” said Jason Barnes, Vice President of Educational Partnerships at Discovery Education. “We hope educators nationwide will view these thought-leadership presentations, borrow these powerful ideas, and apply them to their own school districts.”
For more information about Discovery Education’s other services and resources, visit www.discoveryeducation.com.
For more information on CUE’s efforts to inspire innovative learners in the classroom, visit www.cue.org. CUE is a Future Ready coalition partner.
# # #
About Discovery Education
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Serving 3 million educators and over 30 million students, Discovery Education’s services are in half of U.S. classrooms, over 40 percent of all primary schools in the UK, and more than 50 countries. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that increase academic achievement. Discovery Education is powered by Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK), the number one nonfiction media company in the world. Explore the future of education at www.discoveryeducation.com.
Ed Tech Professional Development is at the core of CUE's work. We are passionate believers in advancing student achievement through technology. By providing Ed Tech professional development to schools, districts, and local educators on the infusion of emerging technologies, we can help better prepare students for college and careers ahead. | www.cue.org