Maximize Teaching and Learning through Technology
The JET Review provided us with an extremely valuable review of our current status and ability to engage students along with recommendations on possible next steps to take us from good to great! The reviewers' vast experience and their ability to share the message in a positive but honest and useful manner helped move us on the right path. Having tiered recommendations are extremely helpful.
Being new to my district, I asked for a JET Review to get a better picture of my current network and future technology planning. When the JET Review was complete, I was given a thorough overview of our educational and information technology environments. Our JET Review helped me write my three-year tech plan, and with a recent bond measure passage, we now implementing of JET Review recommendations. Our school district made these advancements within 2-3 months of our JET Review:
- Went from 11 school-specific Wi-fi SSIDs to three standardized district-wide SSIDs
- Saved $100k+ by switching Managed Network Service Companies
- Implemented training programs for the IT staff - never been done before at our district
- We went from a $9K/year hardware/appliance filter to a $3k/year cloud-based filter
- We moved to a .org email from a K12.CA.US domain
- Transitioned to 100% GAFE from Outlook/Exchange
- Targeted and secured a BIIG2.0 HSN grant
- Lisa Delapo - Director of Technology, Lafayette Union School District
The JET Review was an outstanding experience for our district. It provides what is unfortunately so rare in edtech: knowledgeable personnel, in depth analysis and no agenda! The JET team engaged all stakeholders and provided our community with the unbiased perspective we needed to move forward. One year later we have a fully upgraded network and Future Ready instruction to challenge our students!
- Dr. Steven Kellner Superintendent, West Sonoma School District
CUE is a 501(c)3 nonprofit educational corporation founded in 1978. CUE's goal is to inspire innovative learners in all disciplines from preschool through college. With an active current membership of thousands of educational professionals, CUE supports many regional affiliates and Learning Networks. CUE Conferences are California’s premier educational technology events. CUE is the largest organization of its type in the west and one of the largest in the United States.
CETPA is an association of Educational Technology Professionals (technologists) within the State of California. Founded in 1960, the major emphasis of the association's activities are directed towards improving Administrative Information Processing in public education within the State of California and to prepare its membership to better meet and support the technological needs of the Instructional Program. CETPA is a California non-profit corporation, 501(c)6.
For more information and pricing, contact the CUE Director of Academic Innovation: