CUE NEEDS YOU!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN!
The call for Board of Directors nominations is open through the third Thursday of December of each year.
For the 2018 board, all nomination materials must be received by CUE by 11:59pm PST on December 14, 2017 in order to be considered for candidacy in the election. All submitted nominations are then reviewed by the Nominations Committee and candidates are selected. An online ballot will be made available to all current members from the Saturday of the Spring Conference through the fifth Thursday following. Election results are announced on twitter.
Candidates will be announced in March, 2017
The nomination process is simple. CUE members can be nominated in one of four ways:
- An Affiliate President, acting on behalf of her/his affiliate board, may suggest one member of that affiliate for nomination. The Chairperson shall contact each affiliate president and solicit nominations.
- A Learning Network chair, acting on behalf of his/her Learning Network, may suggest one member of that Learning Network for nomination. The Chairperson shall contact each Learning Network chair and solicit nominations.
- A sitting board member completing their first time may alert the chair that they intend to run as an incumbent.
- A member of CUE may be suggested for nomination, in writing, by five members of the organization.
Nominees must complete their nominations by submitting all of the following:
- A “letter of intent” which indicates a willingness to serve.
- A 250-word statement which supports your candidacy (this statement will be used in the ballot sent to members).
- 50-100 word bio.
- A print quality color photograph (hi-res digital version ideal).
All completed nominations will be reviewed by the CUE Nominating Committee. The Board of Directors will confirm the final nominees at their January meeting. Following the confirmation of official nominees, each will be given the opportunity and resources to record a video interview.
What does it take to be a Board Member?
View the Board Member Job Description and Qualifications
A candidate for the Board of Directors of CUE shall:
- Be a current member of CUE with significant service to the organization or one of its affiliates and/or learning network.
- Be prepared to contribute a significant amount of time and effort to further the goals of the organization.
- Have the support of their supervisor for the time required to serve.be willing to commit her/himself to a three-year term of office.
- Be free of significant conflicts of interest which might not allow the proper execution of the duties of a member of the Board of Directors.
- Submit your completed packet to CUE via the online submission form by 11:59pm PST on December 14, 2017. The online form will provide potential candidates with the opportunity to upload nomination letters, photos and all other required materials. Please do not begin completing the online form until you have all documents digitized and ready to be uploaded.
- If you have questions regarding the nomination submission process, please contact the CUE Office at email@example.com or 925.478.3460.